Oct 18, 2010

Stone Smoked Porter Review

The weather is starting to change here in Cincinnati, which for me means it is time to start enjoying more Porters and Stouts! Tonight, I thought it would be good to start with the Stone Smoked Porter.

As one would probably imagine, this porter pours a very dark brown, almost black. There is a nice thick, tan head that goes along with the color of the beer. I smell just a touch of smokiness to this one, just a bit of a bacon smell. I also note a hint of chocolate there as well. The smell is certainly not overwhelming, in fact, it leaves a little bit to be desired. T

As for the taste, it is more flavorful than the smell would lead me to believe. I can definitely taste smokiness in this beer and the chocolate flavor I smelled only compliments it. As I continue to drink, I get taste of coffee on the very back of my palate.

Overall, I like this beer, but I would not go out of my way to find one. This is enjoyable to drink while enjoying a nice fall night.

What are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment