Mar 5, 2011

Bockfest - a volunteers prospective

Last night I had a chance to go down to Bockfest. I had decided that since money has been tight lately that I would volunteer this year. However, I decided to get down there early and check out the scene before I started work.
The event was much like I remember, lots of people, plenty of beer, brats, goats, music and lederhosen. I had never been on a Friday night before and boy was I in for a suprise! There were people everywhere; everywhere you stepped, d you bumped in to someone. This was no big deal though, since everyone was there to have a good time, and a good time they were having.

When it was finally time to start my shift, I went to check in, but sadly, there was no one there. It was pretty easy to figure out what to do though, check in, grab a shirt, and sell some beer (which was my "assigned" task for the evening)! Once I got up to the counter (read table) I realized that I just needed to find a spot, and ask people what they were having. Easy enough, right? Only problem was that quite a few people weren't sure what to ask for and it was incredibly difficult to hear people with all the noise.

After awhile, I needed a change of pace, so I decided to pour some beer as well. This was pretty busy as well; you had to keep up with the demand for all the people wanting beer. Eventually, things started slowing down and I finally had a chance to talk with other volunteers. All were having a great time, despite the busy evening they all had.

Despite the noise, it was a great time. Being a beer seller, you're everyone's best friend! People flock to you for beer! What a fun time it was; Bockfest did not disappoint. Volunteering is a great way to go, tshirt, beer tickets, and a whole lot of new friends. Just make sure you don't mind large crowds if you go on Friday night.

Check out some photos (Quality is ok, but they're from my phone)
The Bockfest goat
A small list of the beers available








No comments:

Post a Comment