Aug 30, 2010

Hoppin Frog Turbo Shandy

I have decided that I also need to give you my opinions on the beers that I try as I try them. I will give you my first impressions of whatever beer I am reviewing at the time. Today I am reviewing Hoppin' Frogs Turbo Shandy. I picked up this bottle just two days ago.

The first thing I noticed from this beer was that it has a nice golden color with a little haziness. The aroma is that of light lemon and just a hint of orange. As I take a second whiff of this beer I also notice a touch of grapefruit. The taste  is strong in the forefront with grapefruit and a pretty highly carbonated mouthfeel. The next sip I notice a bit more of orange flavor, but grapefruit still seems to dominate the palate. The lemon flavor just barely peaks out from behind the other two flavors, but I can taste it slightly. There is also a very small touch of tangerine hiding in the back of this beer, barely noticeable. After drinking a few more sips of this beer, I finally start to notice more of the lemonade flavor that the smell would seem to indicate.

I opened this beer thinking it would be great after a hot day, but sadly, I cannot say I enjoyed this beer to much. 

Let me know what you think! Do you agree/disagree with me? Tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment