Jan 8, 2011

Beer Review - Ridgeway Brewing Lump of Coal

So, Christmas has come and gone, but that doesn't mean I can't share a lump of coal I was privileged enough to receive with everyone. So, Santa didn't actually leave this for me instead of presents (actually, this beer was given to beersupporterjt and he was kind enough to share) but it sure fit the bill tonight as it has been snowing all day here. That being said, we figured it was time to share another winter beer.

The beer poured dark brown with a nice, slightly off white head. The smell of this beer was of chocolate, raisin, and a bit of butterscotch. The smell wasn't very powerful, but it led me to think that I was going to greatly enjoy this beer. The taste, however, was not quite what the smell led me to believe. Taste certainly did have chocolate, but it also added a touch of coffee, but I could not find the raisin taste that I smelled. I also noted that this beer seemed to taste hot as I could definitely taste a bit of alcohol burn as I drank.

In all, this beer was ok. If you have a bottle of this sitting around, it'll make a decent drink for a snowy day, but I wouldn't go out of your way to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment