Jan 24, 2011

Pretzelfest Thoughts

This past weekend was the Pretzelfest event that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. The event took place Friday night at Venue 222 in Over the Rhine. Upon arriving, I could tell this was going to be a fun event.

The event featured several different pretzels from several restaurants. However, despite the event being called pretzelfest, the pretzels did not steal the show. This event was rather unique as it brought it so many different people. Personally, I enjoy beer and I love Bockfest, so I figured this would be a good way to support both. I also talked to folks who were simply there to support the Over the Rhine community, which is certainly a good thing. It was cool to see beer lovers, community activists, and community members all in one building. You had young and old there in an effort to support the area.

During the event you got a chance to try as many pretzels as you wanted. Like I said already, the pretzels didn't steal the show; in fact, some of the pretzels were already gone when I arrived at 6:30 (event started at 5 and went to 10), so I was a little disappointed there. However, there was plenty of Christian Moerlein to go around and they even shared this years Emancipator Dopplebock, which tastes very good this year. These weren't just samples you got to try, but rather the whole bottle.

The event was great and I even got to share my knowledge of brewing history in Over the Rhine with a very nice couple who were curious. I look forward to supporting Bockfest again in March.

Here are 2 pics I took at the event. Sorry for the quality, I was using my phone to take them.


No comments:

Post a Comment