Feb 27, 2011

Beer Review - 21st Amendment Monk's Blood

It's been awhile since I've reviewed a beer. It's not that I haven't had any, it's just that I've never been in a spot to review. That being said, I decided it was time to do another review when I found Monk's Blood while out shopping today. I've heard a lot about this beer and people seem to be talking it up quite a bit, so what the heck, let's give it aq god.

As with all other 21st Amendment Brews I've had, this one comes in cans (which appears to have the story of how the beer got it's name). I poured this in to a 16oz pint glass. This beer pours a very dark brown with a sizeable, slightly tan head. The head on this one is about 3 finger widths. Aroma is of dark fruits, raisins and plums. The taste is similar, dark fruits, plums, with a bit of cinnamon and vanilla. There is also a touch of oakiness in the background that just barely seems to make it's presence known. The mouthfeel of this beer is very smooth, nice and creamy.

I enjoy this beer. If you've had it, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment