May 27, 2011

Beer Review - Starr Hill Brewing Co Festie

I have to thank my brother for sending me a very awesome birthday day present a few days ago: 14 beers! These beers, with one exception, are not available in my market, so I will be making notes as I enjoy them.

The first of the 14 beers I decided to taste was from Starr Hill Brewing Company out of Crozet, VA. I was sent a bottle of their Festie, Amber Lager beer, as the can describes . The beer, as expected, poured amber in color with a small, off white head. I noted hints of caramel and toffee, but only faintly, as I began to smell the aroma. The taste of the beer was more flavorful than the aroma led me to believe, with a nice malty taste with caramel notes. The beer hit the spot on this nice summer day.

This beer has a nice mouthfeel overall and is a nice refreshing brew. It is not overly complicated; simple is sometimes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment