Dec 20, 2010

Lukcy 13asartd Ale

I owe my first steps in to craft brews to Stone Brewing Co., so I often have a soft spot for their beers. In case you are wondering what I am talking about, my first true craft brew was Arrogant Bastard from Stone Brewing Co, when I was just over 21 years of age.

That being said, when I heard Stone had released another variation of Arrogant Bastard, I knew I had to try it. This new variation is called Lukcy 13asrtd and at it's essence is a combining of the original Arrogant Bastard with it's other tasty variations, Oaked Arrogant Bastard and the Double Bastard, but with an additional Dry Hopping.

This beer is phenomenal, in my opinion. As stated already, Arrogant Bastard opened my eyes to craft beers; this beer helped me solidify my desire to search out new craft beers. True to it's predecessor, Lukcy 13asartd truly challenges the palate. This beer is hoppy to the core. When you smell this beer, it smells like a pine forest has assaulted your nose. The taste is much the same, with a hint of the Bastards in the background, challenging you to question their awesomeness. As I drank this beer, I realized I am not able to take on the Bastards, but at the same time, I cannot quit. I must drink this beer! It challenges me with it's hoppiness, but it's a pain that I want more of! I can't quit drinking this assault on my palate; I cannot give in!

In other words, I greatly enjoyed this beer! If you enjoy hops, this one will be a real treat to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment