Dec 3, 2010

Confessions of a craft beer drinker

For some time now I have known that I like craft beer. I don't remember the exact day it happened, but I do remember the very first truly craft beer I had was, back when I had just turned 21. The beer that lead me to join this revolutios was Arrogant Bastard. I remember being intrigued by the name of this beer, so I had to give it a try. I know, some of you are saying to yourself, "Why did he choose Arrogant Bastard as his first craft beer? Is he nuts?!?" Well, the answer seems to be yes.

That arrogant bastard made me realize what a "real" beer should taste like. For once, I felt like I wasn't drinking something light and fizzy. This beer actually had taste! I don't recall how I reacted to the first taste of the beer (as those who have tried the bastard know, it is on the bitter side) but I know it must have been enjoyable! 

Since that day, I have been searching out and finding craft beers, from the local brew pubs, to brand new breweries in other states, and everything in between. I recently decided that I want to try all the beers I can get my hands on. Sure, this could be an easy task, just go to my local store, pick up what's available and call it a day, but I don't feel that this in the true spirit of enjoying craft beer. I have my staples that I truly do enjoy, but if I stopped trying new beers, then I would never had a chance to enjoy some really great beers from some really great people!

I know every craft beer drinker is different and I know not everyone will want to travel around searching for beers they can't get locally, but I would say to anyone who is a "craft beer enthusiast" to go out and try new beers. Make sure to support your localy brewers along the way, but go exploring to new areas. Who knows what might happen; you may end up discovering something you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment