Nov 27, 2010

Far away Friday

I have decided that I would start talking about places I visit when they involve good beer. I happen to be in Sevierville, TN, for the Thanksgiving holiday. For those that don't know, Sevierville is essentially Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Regardless, there is a local brewery that I have decided to visit tonight.

The local brewery is the Smoky Mountain Brewery which is found in Pigeon Forge, TN,  as well as Gatlinburg and Knoxville.I took a trip over to the brewery/ restaurant to enjoy some brews. Upon sitting down, I thought it best to try the sampler of all there beers ($8/ 10 4oz samples). The beers included an American Light, a Pale Ale, an IPA, a Harvest Ale, Porter, Brown Ale, and wheat beer. In all, this brewery is pretty good.  I enjoyed most of the beers (the light ale taste like one would expect a light would and, therefore, didn't thrill me; the wheat beer was, unfortunately, skunked) but my favorite of the night was the Pale Ale. The pale had a nice bit of hops to it, but was very enjoyable to drink.

I recommend this place if you are ever in the area. It's not going to be wow the most extreme beer geek, but it's a nice place to sit down and enjoy some beers. They even have live music on Friday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment