Nov 2, 2010

Beer Review - Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ale

Where did the year go? I mean, Winter Ale's are already coming out?!? Last I noticed, it was still 90 degrees and sunny past 8pm, but now it's 30 over night and the sun sets at 6pm.... Before long, Christmas will be here and Old Man winter will be upon us.

With that said, I decided it was time to start drinking some seasonal beers! To start the Winter Season off right I have decided to try the Souther Tier's Old Man Winter. I tend to be a fan of Souther Tier, so I am hoping my assumption of this being enjoyable will hold true.

The beer pours dark brown in color with a slight tan head. Smell is pretty mild, but I do notice some caramel and a bit of hops. The taste, however, is very tasty. I taste a bit of a coffee flavor, with a bit of hops to top it off. Caramel is there as well. The more I drink, the more the caramel and hop flavor comes out.

This one is decent. I wouldn't mind drinking this one again.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment