Nov 2, 2010

Beer School - final thought

I mentioned several weeks ago that I had picked up a new book, "Beer School" written by the founders of Brooklyn Brewery, Tom Potter and Steve Hindy. I finally finished the book (hey, I am a slow reader) so I wanted to share my thoughts with you.

If you have ever considered going in to business for yourself, this is a must read. Even if you do not like beer, these 2 guys break down all the pressures, decisions, and all other obstacles they had while trying to get their brewery started. They were brutally honest in this book, I assume in effort to help other would be entrepreneurs understand the   They share what they hated and what they loved about being in a partnership.

If you start reading this book thinking it is going to be about beer, you will be disappointed. Sure, the book is about the starting of a brewery, but it's much more than that. This book provides great insight to the world of starting your own business.

I know what you are thinking, "Why is a beer blog talking about a book?" Well, it's my blog and it was a book that was suggested to me. I am glad I read this book. If you are interested in the history of Brooklyn Brewery, want to start your own business, or just like reading, I recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment