Nov 20, 2010

Homebrew - Smoked Porter Tasting

Well, it's finally ready! That's right, the Smoked Porter that I talked about a few weeks ago is finally ready for a tasting, so that's exactly what I did!

When I made this beer, I was looking for something with just a bit of smokiness to help take the chill out of those cold winter days,. I had debated on a stout, but finally settled on this beer; I am glad I did.

The beer poured pitch black with a thick, brown head. Even before I smelled or tasted the beer I knew this was going to warm me up. The smell was of a bit of chocolate with just a hint of the smokiness I was looking for. I am not sure how to describe this, but I also seemed to be able to smell the creaminess of this beer before I tasted it. That said, there was a nice creaminess to the taste. It definitely had chocolate and a nice smoked flavor to it.I greatly enjoyed this beer!

Pictures to follow.

 I feel that my friends and I's homebrew skills continue to evolve. We are making very tasty brews and continue to work on perfecting our skills. Next time out, we are going to start changing parts of the recipe so that we can truly have our own beer. Bourbon Brown Ale or Chocolate Chipolte Stout anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment