Nov 18, 2010

Brewery Tour

A few weeks ago I made mention that I had gone down to North Carolina and participated in the World BeerFest in Durham. I also mentioned that I met some really cool brewers. I talked to this guys about their beer and about what inspired them. I was also able to get some picks of one of the breweries while I was there. I don't have may; you will have to forgive me for that as I did not get to the brewery until after the World BeerFest (meaning I already had had several beers at the event, as well as the attached pub before the tour).

While down in North Carolina, I got a chance to see the behind the scenes at FullSteam Brewery. This is an interesting place - big open warehouse feel for the bar, with the brewery visible to all the patrons. There was live music when we were there amd several beers on tap. After having drank most of the day already, I only tried the Sweet Potato Lager. Tasty brew, with a hint of sweet potato, as the name would suggest.

The guys at FullSteam were great. They had a very nice brewery. They even had a 5 gallon batch test area homebrew kit, where they tried new beer ideas.

As for the brewery, here are some photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment